Easter weekend is around the corner and we want to share with you three recipes that are not only super nutritious but also delicious. Your entire family will enjoy every single bite without even realizing all the nutrients that are inside each dish.
Few tips for the easter preparation:
- Prepare menu with the less meat possible
- Cook with products from the season and search for local and organic products
- Mind the quantities in order to have no food waste
Three recipes, multiple flavors and nutrients!
Aperitivo time is the ideal moment to serve up your favorite bottle of wine and pair it with some light and appetising food to stimulate the apetite and the conversation.
Agave roasted Rhubarb Toast with vegan chesse, pistachios and mint
One of our favorite vegetables of the season is rhubarb, an excellent source of vitamin K, which is an essential vitamin for bone health and blood clotting. The vitamin A in rhubarb may also help to fight free radicals that cause skin damage and premature aging, keeping your skin looking healthy and youthful. It’s also high in antioxidants which can prevent some cancers.
For a starter, a toast with sweet baked rhubarb, vegan cheese, pistachio and mint will be perfect to delight your palate and the one of your guests.
What you need
- 4 medium stalks fresh rhubarb, cut into bite sized pieces. About 3 cups
- 5 tablespoon agave syrup
- 4-6 large slices of rye bread
- 8 oz vegan chesse. We use the brand 'New Roots'
- 4 tablespoon chopped, roasted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh mint (optional)
- additional agave for drizzle
Step by step
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (optional).
Toss the rhubarb with the 5 tablespoon of agave and spread evenly on your baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until rhubarb is very soft.
Meanwhile, toast your bread. When the toast is ready, spread the vegan cheese over your slices. Top with as much rhubarb as you'd like and sprinkle the pistachios and the mint on top. Drizzle as much agave as you'd like over the top. Enjoy!
Whole grain Carnaroli Risotto with Pumpkin cream from Umile
Risotto ranks high as one of the greatest dishes you can make with rice.
Originating in Italy, risotto is a recipe made by simmering a starchy variety of rice in broth, with flavor-boosting ingredients added like onions, garlic, vegetables, meats, spices, herbs.
If you cook with whole gran rice you will get magnesium, B5, B9, vitamin E, fiber and potassium. And while choosing the right one, you will get a delicious and healthy meal. This is why we recommend you the brand available on our website: Umile.
Today, we are sharing with you one of our favorite recipes of risotto, including whole grain rice and pumpkin cream vegetable.
What you need
- 300g Carnaroli whole grain rice
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 9 dl Vegetable broth, Hot
- 2 dl White wine (optional)
- Pumpkin cream from Etampe
Step by Step
- Prepare the vegetable broth and keep it hot during the whole cooking time.
- Dice the onion into small parts and put them in a pot with the olive oil.
- Cook the onion for 5 min on medium heat and then add the rice.
- An essential step to making risotto is to toast the grains in the oil with onion until they start to turn translucent around the edges. This could take a couple of minutes. Stir continuously during this process.
- Now that the rice is toasted, lower the heat, add half cup of broth (or white wine) and stir, then leave it. Stir risotto as it simmers. That's what helps release the starch from the grains of rice to make that creamy texture you want. Do you have to stir constantly? No. Stir after each half cup of broth you add to make sure the broth is distributed evenly, then stir again every 30 seconds or so until almost all the broth is absorbed. Add another half cup of broth and repeat.
- Now it is time for the Pumpkin cream from Etampe. Add it to the risotto and stir again during 15 minutes.
- Risotto is done when the rice is al dente: firm but not crunchy when you bite into it. It should not be as dry as steamed rice, but should have enough liquid to make it loose.
- Serve it hot and put some herbs on it if you like, on my side, I added some diced chives :)
Turmeric Vegan Cake
For dessert, let's try a very delicious and easy Lebanese turmeric cake recipe also known as 𝘚𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘧.
It is one of our all-time favorite cakes. Made with simple ingredients, this cake is not only egg-less but also contains no butter, nor milk.
Its mildly sweet flavor makes it the perfect light dessert or snack to go with your cup of coffee!
What does the word “𝘚𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘧” means?
In arabic, sfouf means literally “classes” or “rows”. It refers to the way this cake is cut.
In addition, in the Lebanese tradition, 𝘚𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘧 refers to the cake the moms give to their children as a snack to take it to school ;)
Why we love this cake?
This cake does not contain any dairy products. The butter is replaced by oil and even to grease the baking mold, we use Tahini, this is a paste made from sesame seeds.
It gives the cake a beautiful yellow color and such a distinct and wonderful taste. Turmeric is actually one of those popular “superfoods” as it is loaded with antioxidants, it is anti-inflammatory and it helps lowering risk of brain diseases.
Here is the recipe :)
What you need
- 1 1/2 Cup warm water
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup vegetable oil (Walnuts oil or coconuts oil)
- 3 1/2 Cup whole wheat flower
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Anis powder
- 2 Tbsp Baking powder
- 2 Tbsp Tahini (Sesame cream)
- A handful of pine nuts
Step by Step
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Melt the brown sugar in the warm water.
- Add the anise and turmeric. Mix them in the sugary water.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the baking powder and mix.
- Add vegetable oil to the flour and mix well. Now it is time to add the liquid mix.
- Mix well to have a homogenous yellowish paste.
- Coat the baking mood with the Tahini.
- Put the mixture in the mood and decorate with pine nuts.
- Place the mood in the middle of the oven at 180 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Once cooked, let cool and cut it in cubes.
We hope you will enjoy every bite of these recipes while making the most of the time with your loved ones. Cooking healthy doesn't have to be boring, with these recipes you will impress all your friends and family!