One of GREENA favourites, is now reinvented with the fruit of the season: strawberries. This recipe is not only delicious but also a lighter option if you are trying to watch out your sugar intake.
Perfect as a snack, breakfast or dessert. Get a bowl, a spatula and some motivation!
Keep reading to get all the details of the recipe!
What you need
1 ¾ whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
3 large bananas sliced
¼ cup coconut oil
½ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 organic eggs
1 tablespoon cornstarch or whole wheat flour
4 tablespoons water
½ cup coconut yogurt
1 cup strawberries chopped
Step by step
- Heat your oven to 350°F/180°C. Spray a loaf pan with vegetable spray. (coconut oil is a good option)
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and add the coconut oil, sugar, vanilla, eegs, cornstarch, water, and coconut yogurt. mix until smooth and creamy.
- Fold the chopped strawberries into the flour mixture, reserving a few slices for the top of the bread. Stir until the strawberries are coated. Add the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.