With the current global situation, many of us are staying at home.
So what if we make it comfortable, enjoyable for ourselves and good for the planet?
Today, we want to share with you some tips that will help you in your transition towards a greener house!
1. Give a personal touch “made by yourself”. Our home is a reflection of who we are, furnishing and decoration is all about things that we identify with. But what if we do it ourselves instead of buying something new? There are so many resources today online starting with Pinterest!
2. Repurpose previously owned items and work with organic materials.
Trying to figure out what to do with those old glass bottles? These containers make beautiful planters for real or dry flowers or can also be turned into table lamps or pendant lighting.
4. Choose environmentally friendly furniture. Opting for furniture that makes a difference, whether it’s upcycled or made of earth-friendly materials, means you get to enjoy it guilt free, while your health can reap the benefits. We love mojoboutique, they have furniture, decoration, kitchen tools and even very cute options for the little ones!
5. Plant herbs. Herbs don’t take a lot of space. You can plant them in small pots and keep them inside the house, close to a sunny window. The big advantage? You will always have fresh herbs for your favorite dishes.
6. Decorate your house with plants. Potted plants are effective for indoor air cleaning. Not only that, they are also nice and they make your home more welcoming.
7. Buy a water filter. A water filter saves time, money, and helps reduce the amount of single-use plastic that ends up in the landfills. If you love sparkling water you can invest in a soda maker!
8. Use homemade natural cleaning products. They don’t contain any harmful chemicals that are bad for the environment and your health. In addition, you can make your own cleaning products using products like vinegar, baking soda, and lemon juice.
9. Opt for greener reusable cloth bags and your home won’t be littered with plastic bags. Always remember to take them with you when you do your groceries or shopping.
10. Go for a more minimalist style: it makes your rooms beautiful to look at, and make your home easier to clean ;)
Small transitions, big impacts. Let’s try to adopt few ideas from the list above and help the planet together!