Make your own hummus with this delicious recipe
While they have become more popular recently, chickpeas have been grown in Middle Eastern countries for thousands of years.
Their nutty taste and grainy texture pairs well with several other foods and ingredients. Today, we want to share with you a delicious recipe that can serve as a snack or as a light dinner: hummus.
Chickpeas are the base for hummus. They are packed with nutrients, and is a rich source of vitamins, minerals and fiber. In addition, it is high in protein and makes an excellent replacement for meat in vegetarian and vegan diets.
Chickpeas is packed with health benefits, here are some:
🌱Aids on weight management,
🌱Supports blood sugar control,
🌱Protects against heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
We love chickpeas, not only for the creamy texture and flavor but also for all its nutritional benefits and versatility. It can be eaten in so many ways: pair it with different types of veggies; spread it in a toast for your Sundays brunch or add it in a delicious grain bowl meal.
Here is the easiest yet delicious recipe that my grandma and my mom taught me 🥰
What you need
- 250g Chickpeas
- 225ml Tahini (sesame cream)
- 225ml Lemon juice
- 2 Garlic Gloves
- 2tsp Salt
- Olive oil
- Chopped parsley (optional)
Step by step
- Soak dried chickpeas in water for 12 hours.
- Boil them in hot water for 1 hour, then let cool.
- Mix chickpeas in a robot mixer and add a little bit of their water until you have a creamy mix (keep few chickpeas for decoration).
- Add Tahini, lemon juice and salt to the mix.
- Press the garlic gloves, add them and mix with a spatula until you have a homogenous cream.
- Decorate with olive oil, parsley and enjoy eating it with vegetable sticks.
This recipe is simple, yet very delicious and authentic! Stay tuned since we will be posting more ideas of dishes you can pair with this hummus.