Delicious and nutritious cream of Beetroot made from an old variety called Detroit 2 characterized for being red flesh, tender and rather sweet. It is a smooth-skinned, medium-sized beet.
Rich in minerals (iron, sodium and potassium), rich in vitamins (A, C and B9), this variety of beetroot is recommended during the first trimester for pregnant women. Also rich in antioxidants, it can help reduce blood pressure and improve blood circulation.
We love the versatility of these vegetable creams: they can be eaten with a spoon for small appetites or as a snack, as a dip or as a sauce for a risotto!
Emanuela, the soul behind Umile, make these vegetable creams with her team, highlighting only one ancient variety. They use a slow cooking method that preserves the nutrients and unique taste.
Store in a cool and dry place.
Date of minimum durability (MDD): 08/2023
- Only one vegetable variety: Detroit variety beetroot 2* (38%),
- Water, potatoes*, shallots*, extra virgin olive oil*, lemon juice*, salt
*Ingredients from organic farming
How to consume
- Slightly heat in a bain-marie, mix the cream with a soup and you're ready to enjoy it!
- Delicious with bread croutons or Grissini
- Add your personalized touch according to your desires: Parmesan cheese; nuts, spices like coriander, sage, parsley...
The many ways to enjoy these vegetable creams:
- As an aperitif or as a starter
- As an accompaniment to meat, fish or vegetables
- As a soup base (dilute with water)
- As a sauce for the risotto
Shipping & Returns
We ship on Mondays and Fridays only.
Once shipped, the delivery times are between 1-2 days.
We do our best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the Swiss Post.
We also offer free pickup in Geneva and Lausanne. Please choose this option in the shipping step.
We gladly accept returns. Write us at email@example.com within 14 days of delivery and we will guide you through the steps to follow. Sadly shipping costs are nonrefundable.
About the Brand
On the way for a sustainable future, Umile aims to recover heirloom seeds in disparition, caring and regenerating healthy soils and growing crops without any chemical fertilisers and pesticides. Umile works closely with nature and not against it by working only in environments where biodivesity is respected. Besides sustainable agriculture, Umile leverages the natural plants we find in our forest. The team respectfully collect them in the Jura and Alps to create food supplements that can help to prevent and heal diseases.
From the land to your plate, enjoying and discovering the taste of biodiversity, this is Umile’s mission.